RI Manufacturing Expansion
Location: North Kingstown, RI
General Contractor: Burns & McDonnell Engineering Co.
Timeline: September 2019 – February 2021
- Virtual Design & Construction
- Mechanical / HVAC
- Fire Protection
- Sheetmetal ductwork
New construction of 28,800 sqft facility to house automated equipment for a Rhode Island manufacturing company.
The project included multiple scopes to support the building and the state-of-the-art production line for packaging, labeling, medical, and industrial applications.
Mechanical / HVAC
- Installation of new rooftop AHU’s, indoor gas unit heater, natural gas, and chilled water connections to the units.
- A new underground drainage system was implemented, and a water heater for eyewash stations and domestic water feeds for processing equipment.
- Process Piping systems were installed for building comfort, process cooling, various gas lines (N2, CO2, NG), plant air, hot oil system, and purified water.
- Various pneumatic piping for conveying systems for the movement of product throughout the facility.
Furnished and installed a new automatic wet pipe fire sprinkler, two preaction systems, and a new nitrogen generation system for pressurization of preaction system piping.
- 1200 sprinkler heads
- 16,000 ft of pipe fabrication
- CO2 system installed within the hot oil boiler
- Install electrical systems for process line systems and equipment
- Grounding package for foundations
- Underground electrical and grounding connections
Unique Metal Works was the sheet metal subcontractor under Arden’s project scope. They fabricated and installed 10 AHUs, 4 exhaust fans,
all supporting ductwork and accessories to support the new rooftop equipment – 3,260 LF of spiral duct, 1,046 LF of custom fabric duct as
well as an additional 37,000 pounds of galvanized rectangle duct to support the 10 AHUs.